For more nights than I’d like to admit, I’m waking up in the “middle” of the night. I’m not sure it’s “middle” of the night, but 3 or 4 am is way too early to be up for the day. I’d argue 6 or 7am is also too early on most days, but that’s not my point here. My point is, my brain works too hard sometimes. It doesn’t rest properly. And by the looks of activity on facebook and twitter (sans the auto-posting freaks), I’m not alone in my late night/early morning brain adventures.
Here’s a taste of the important things running through my head:
- why the hell am i awake?
- what the hell is that noise next to me?
- did the kids eat lunch today?
- did anyone feed the dogs?
- did I put peanut butter on the grocery list? should I even put peanut butter on the grocery list? are there allergies in kid1/kid2’s new classes this year?
- oh crap, new classes. did we get all the school supplies? we took all the school supplies in during open house. but did we get ALL the school supplies? Hannah doesn’t need school supplies. WAIT. CRAP. I gotta pay Hannah’s school fee. And Will’s for that matter. better do that tomorrow. or tomorrow tomorrow after I wake up again tomorrow night.
- I wonder why I chose to spell freshmen, f-r-e-s-h-m-a-n, in the 6th grade spelling bee. It’s not the like the sentence they gave me, “The freshmen went outside at lunch.” was much help.
- What in the hell is that noise next to me?
- What if I count backwards from 462? 461, 460, 459, 458,
- I need to put bananas on the list too, 460, 459, 45…
- The lawn’s been looking really brown lately. I need to talk to Mike about the sprinklers.
- Why the hell did I cut my hair?
- Did I put peanut butter on the grocery list? 223, 222, 221, 220
- When the hell am I going to grocery story? Is it open now? Can I go in my pi’s? 65, 63, 61, 59. Look at me counting backwards by unevens.
What the hell?? Someone put me to sleep….