10 years ago, about this time in February:
- I was about to turn 30.
- I’d been a bride for all of 6 months.
- There were no children and barely a thought of children.
- We were a one dog household.
- I was starting a new job.
- We were living in our first house.
- I wasn’t driving a minivan and was adamant I never would.
- My hair was short.
- I didn’t have Facebook, twitter or know what a blog was.
- I’m about to turn 40.
- We’ve surpassed the 10 year mark in our marriage. It’s been a ride! Just like “they” say it can be.
- We have 2 kids. One about to turn 9, the other almost 7. HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN? (I mean the them getting older part. I get how the kids happened. I think.)
- We are now a 2 dog household, and had to say goodbye to the one we had 10 years ago. RIP Chesney!
- I have the same “job” but the name of the place has changed 3 times, I’m not doing the same thing, I’ve moved cities twice, and I’ve met some amaze balls people. Some still around. Some moved on.
- We are in our 3rd house and unless I win the lottery and move to my dream beach house, we may be here for another 10 years. And I’m okay with that.
- I drive a minivan, have for awhile and liked it. But I’m starting to get that feeling that I don’t belong behind the wheel of a minivan. Over it!
- My hair is short.
- I “have” Facebook, twitter, pinterest (with 13,245 pins. 3 of them attempted) and a blog, now called Mommy’s Misadventures.
I wonder what this list looks like in 10 years!