No, it’s not lost on my that I write a terrific post about meeting The Bloggess, finding inspiration to write and then fall silent on this here blog. I’d like to tell you I’ve been off writing my novel, but that, my friends, would be a lie. At best, I’ve written a children’s book. About a little girl. And a unicorn. IF putting some notes on my iphone “counts” as writing.
So in an attempt to justify my lack of writing
to myself to you, let me illustrate all the ways I’ve been horribly busy:
- Watching my boyfriend Adam on The Voice. You do know this is back on, right? Battle rounds, c’mon!
- Watching the at least 72 Real Housewives Reunions aired during the past 4 weeks. Those shows don’t watch themselves, people!
- Roadtripping for Spring Break. 12 hours in the car each way. How could I have possibly found time to write in between setting up movies, delivering fruit snacks and stabbing Capri Suns? Seriously.
- Laying on the beach during said Spring Break. Again, #busy. Sand needed sat on.
- Watching my boyfriend Adam on The Voice. (Seriously, this is taking up a lot of my time. And it’s all “healthy” and I know you’re doing it too!)
- Facetiming my sister in Germany. Gotta keep that relationship solid.
- Getting nailed with strep throat (who gets that at 40?? WTF), feeling like I’ve been hit by a truck and whining about it on facebook.
So as you can see, I’ve been swamped. No time to focus on writing. Busy. Very, very busy.